The winner of the 2012 Shure Voice Competition is Sarah Lancman, from France.
The women-only final gathered three singers of great talent: Sarah Lancman and Marie Martin from France as well as Elena Mindru, from Romania.
Arnaud Robert, a journalist for Le Temps and also a jury member explains that the jury's choice fell on the young Parisian, a student of the Haute Ecole de Musique de Lausanne for her natural, her jazz spirit and her "rock side".
Lancman Sarah, very moved, admitted that she she had been very touched by president of the jury Quincy Jone’s kind words after her victory.
1. Sarah Lancman
2. Elena Mindru
3. Marie Martin
Public prize : Elena Mindru
- Quincy Jones – president of the jury
- Mr. Xavier Oberson (President of Foundation 2)
- Alexandre Bolle (Balik Studio)
- Jean-Damien Humair (Journalist/Rédaction Romande/Revue Musicale Suisse)
- Wendy Oxenhorn (Executive Director Jazz Foundation of America, Journalist)
- Mr. Arnaud Robert (Journalist)
- Thierry Savary (Journaliste et Directeur général de RadioFr)
- Solam (singer, composer, author, dancer and professeur at the Montreux Conservatory)
First Prize: City of Montreux CHF 5’000. – Swiss francs As well as a week’s recording time at Balik Farm Studio
Second Prize : City of Vevey CHF 3’000.– Swiss francs
Third Prize « René Perret » CHF 2’000.- Swiss francs donated by the late Mr. René Perret former member of the Amis du Festival.
Public Prize: Super 55 Classic Microphone.
Each finalist received a 2000 € Shure product voucher as well as a Shure SRH840 Headphones.